The Buddhafield Café tent has been to many festivals and seen many things. It’s housed and sheltered many people, been a safe and secure space holding the wide breadth of experience that working for Buddhafield encompasses. It’s got a bit battered in over 10 years of adventures; over the last couple of years holes have started appearing, and more and more spots of rain are getting through.
So, on the 25th January 2014, 6pm–10pm, the Buddhafield Café will be holding a fundraiser at Hamilton House, on Stokes Croft in Bristol to raise money to pay for a new canvas to be sewn, and hopefully for some new décor as well. We will be running a Dharma Dance session featuring DJ Floatijo, cutting an upbeat groove in world beats and reggae / dub. at 8.30pm we’ll have an auction where you will be able to bid on a range of items including:
- A pair of full price tickets for each of the remaining events of the Lovedance Chakra Series 15 February / 15 March / 19 April. Worth £120!
- 2lbs of Mayan Lavalove Guatemalan Cacao hand selected by Keith Wilson the chocolate shaman. Worth £40!
- One 2 hour Deep Shift shiatsu session with Matthew Greenwood (studied with Bristol School of Shiatsu, with over 10 years experience). Worth £50/ph!
- A night and breakfast at Shekinashram, Bhakti Yoga Ashram and Holistic Retreat Centre in Glastonbury.
- 3 hours gardening from Cath Dixon.
- A hamper of homemade goodies from Alison.
- Two Buddhist hampers: one has some books, a ceramic rupa, a blanket, some candles and holders and incense; the other has a 12“ high wooden rupa, some books and candle holders.
- massage sessions from Cassi and Lina.
- Shiatsu seesion from Alix.
- A wooden spoon carved by Lief.
- A sculpture by Lisa Kingham.
- A set of signed, sycamore tea-light holders, hand turned on a pole lathe by John Crosbie. (Tea-lights included!)
- 2 Original woodland landscape drawings by Satyadarshin.
Doors open at 6pm; dancing your heart out starts about 6.30; 8.30 auction starts. Café open all evening for cake and chai. Any questions? Fire off an email, or check out the Facebook event and the Buddhafield Café Facebook page.